Countdown......

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kitchen Mishap + a bunch of other stuff..

So I thought id try and make some soup so I don't have to cook everyday, then I will have some free time. I'm not really a big fan of soup but while I was in Prince George I went to earls an substituted the fries that was supposed to come with my meal for soup and it was beef and barley,it tasted really good, so I thought Id look for a recipe on line and try and make it. so several websites later I decided on one from Betty Crocker. it looked simple and I had everything it called for except for one thing that i was to find out almost at the end.
So I added every thing it called for celery, carrots, tomatoes, beef , can of diced tomatoes etc , then when it came time to add the beef broth i dint have any room in the crock pot then I went back and looked at the recipe only to realize that i needed a 6quart crock pot for this recipe and mines only a 3 quart one.. and i had mixed all the other stuff together i couldn't take it out and half it or anything so i decided to skip the beef broth n thought , oh well the liquid from the tomatoes will do..boy was i wrong.. so i ended up with some sort of chowder?or stew? which i have named beef and barley chowder/stew :)
and if you can get past the way it looks, it actually does taste good.. here's a picture twas still in the crock pot...
I also i think i cooked it for too long as it was starting to burn on the edges... I put it on about an hour before i went to work last night and put it off when i got back this morning..

Beef and Barley Stew or Chowder??? Cant decide


So onto another Topic,
I cant believe i missed my Dr's apointment that I waited 4 bleeping months for ..and then I forgot, I was kind of ticked off that they nevver called me the day before to remind me or call me when I dint show up. I only realized when I went to flip the month on my calendar..yeah i know its my own fault for not flipping my calendar on the 31st of march but I have to blame someone too right? O h well I will call them tomorrow morning and try and make another one for sometime this year.

So after weighed in yesterday , I was really happy and I thought I deserved a reward..tehe..I went to the liquor store ( its in the same complex as my WW meeting) and bought two bottles of white zin..Mmmmmm!!! excited for the weekend to get here. It looks like its gonna be a fun one...remember the girls I hung out with last Thursday? yeah those one.. we are thinking of hooking up again this Friday evening. will keep y'all posted.

Ok what else did I want to talk about??..Hmnn.. Im not sure if there was anyother thing I wanted to say..If it comes to me..I'll be sure to post.

So heres some things I've eaten in the past two days..

So yesterday for supper I had some left over chili that I had in my freezer from eons ago.. with Garlic bread..


Lunch was brown rice with chicken n veggies
brekkie was a WW chocolate shake.


and Today No brekkie ( worked overnight and slept till 4ish)
Lunch was the Chowder/ Stew thingy and
Supper was WW toast with Veggie Omelet.

So while typing this I am watching American Idols. And Ive noticed that I get really emotional when some one gets voted off and if they cry , I cry.. the crazy thing is I haven't been following this season that closely, but when ever I watch an episode where someone is getting voted off I get really emotional.I was talking to my friend abou it and we both came to the conclusion that its old age.lol. Just wondering if anyone out there has been getting emotional over things that dont really mean anything to them. and No its not TOM..

Ok I should go shower and get ready for work.
Tata readers..If I have any. hehe :-)

PS: Thanks to the people that are following me or read my blog..

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting on my blog and for your support!

    I actually prefer stews to soups, and yours looks really yummy! I love barley soups, now I really want to make one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your blog!I actually embarked on a weight loss journey in February and i lost 10 pounds already!

    ReplyDelete