Countdown......

Thursday, April 1, 2010

So I tried a New Recipe.


Slow cooker adobo chicken
I got this recipe from allrecipes.com but tweaked it a bit by adding a Tbs of Paprika , A tsp of pepper and 2Tbs of flour to thicken it a bit. and I used 10 pieces of skinless drumstick instead of whole chicken.

I really liked it, It has a tangy taste so if you don't like tangy tasting things, I suggest you add about 2T of brown sugar like some of the reviews I read suggested.

Also it has a really pungent smell when cooking it cause of the vinegar, I cooked it over night while I was asleep and opened my kitchen windows and when I woke up this morning, my whole apartment wasnt smelling of cooked vinegar.

Ingredients

  • 1 small sweet onion, sliced
  • 8 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces

Directions

Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a small bowl mix the onion, garlic, soy sauce, and vinegar, and pour over the chicken. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours

For people on Weight watchers I calculated it to be about 3 points for one piece of chicken and 1/4 cup of sauce. but feel free to put it throgh your recipe builder and see what it gives you.
I do not have e tools so calculated it manually , let me know if you come up with something different.Thanks and Enjoy:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment